Version number: 1.0
Effective date: 03 September 2020
Who are we?
- We are Stafford Instruments Limited. For privacy queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other contact details are on our website.
What’s the point of this policy?
- It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website or web app or otherwise. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
- Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
Might the policy change?
- Yes. Please check it whenever you visit our website or use our web app. We will assume you agree
to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date. We may also
notify you of any changes by email or in-service message.
What do we collect?
- Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as:
- your name and contact details including mobile number;
- details about your transactions with us;
- contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing; or
- any personal information you supply us when you make an enquiry via our website or otherwise communicate with us.
- Automated information about your use of our website or web app such as: the internet protocol (IP)
address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and
version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system
and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our
system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with
date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
- Because it’s necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you
and/or to perform such a contract, e.g., send service messages, process payments and fulfil
orders. This applies to contact and transactions details.
- Because it’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our
service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies
to automated usage data.
- Because you’ve specifically agreed (e.g, by ticking a consent box). This applies to contact or
other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing. You can
withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email
How long do we keep personal information?
- In the case of our web app, until your account is closed.
- We may hold on to some of your information for longer (typically up to six years after any contract
with us is complete) if reasonably needed for legal, regulatory or tax reasons, deal with disputes,
prevent fraud or abuse and/or enforce our terms and conditions.
To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
- To other people who supply us with a service, e.g. couriers for delivery, hosts and
businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website or which provide us with
system administration or other IT services.
- To the manufacturer of the end-product (e.g., a kiln) in relation to which you are using the web app
– access to your account so they can provide support.
- To regulators, the police and other law enforcement authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse
and/or comply with legal requirements.
- To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal
- To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including
negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our
Do we send your information outside the /EU?
- Your personal information which we collect is stored within the EU and is not transferred to
any third countries except as follows.
- Your personal information may be transferred to the US by the following company certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which provides certain safeguards for your personal information:
- If you are located outside the EU, we may need to send your contact information to couriers outside
the EU in order to enable us to perform the contract with you.
What rights do you have?
- If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to
rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict its use in certain circumstances or
to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g.
- You may also have the right to object to use of your personal information in certain
- If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us
via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling
your personal information in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: ico.org.uk.